Saving money in our current economic environment is difficult. Now, more than ever, most of us are trying to find ways to save money that will make our paychecks go far enough to cover our basic needs.
Many of us don’t have enough to buy “extras” like car repair bills, new clothes, or taking our family out to eat.
Here are 20 personal financial tips that i have found useful.
1) Evaluate the cost of your current lifestyle.
2) Track every penny of your spending for two weeks.
3) Save your change. It adds up quickly.
4) Change one spending behavior a week and put the savings into an account.
5) Write down your short term, mid-term, and long term financial goals and put them in a placw here you can see them everyday.
6) Take care of your own financial responsibilities before taking on those of others.
7) Give yourself a weekly cash allowance for food and entertainment.
8) Teach your children the difference between wants and needs.
9) Plan your weekly food menu and shop with a list accordingly.
10) Don’t go out shopping without a specific purchase in mind.
11) Know the terms and conditions of every credit agreement before you sign them.
12) Be a savvy shopper. Do your homework to find coupons and sales before you leave the house.
13) Refuse to pay bank fees! Go only to network ATMs and use a check register to record your account balance.
14) Know what is on your credit report. You are entitled to one free copy from each credit bureau once a year.
15) Participate in your company’s 401K plan.
16) Keep current with your car maintenance.
17) Don’t co-sign on a loan if you are not prepared to pay for it.
18) Recycle clothing through consignment shops.
19) Create a plan to pay down debt.
20) Start today.
Tell me how it turns out for you.