Being healthy and incorporating a daily routine of exercise and eating healthy is important. Stroke is the third-leading killer in the U.S. after cancer and heart disease.
1. Regular exercise: at least 30 minutes three or more times per week.
2. Avoid excess salt, especially if you have high blood pressure.
3. Eat lots of fruit, vegetables, and fish; eat red meat no more than once per week.
4. Alcoholic beverages in moderation: up to one daily for woman and two daily for men.
5. Visit your doctor at least once a year to have blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar checked.
To get more information, go to the National Stroke Association: www.stroke.org
var jsUrl = ‘http://cdn.praisecharlotte.com/external/js/gallery/70947//?external-src=http%3A%2F%2Felev8.com’;
gallery.src = jsUrl + ((jsUrl.indexOf(‘?’) >=0 ) ? ‘&’ : ‘?’) +’ver=7125edd’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(gallery, s);