The Yolanda Adams Morning Show Mother’s Day Get Away
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Yolanda Adams Morning Show “MOTHER’S DAY GET AWAY” Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, May 2, 2011 and end on Wednesday, May 26, 2011 (“Contest Period”) unless otherwise terminated earlier or extended at the sole discretion of Radio One, Inc. d/b/a Syndication One (“Contest Administrator”). Four (4) Grand Prize winners will each be awarded a “DISNEY FAMILY GET AWAY” package to include: airfare, hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room with maximum occupancy of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) nights at the Walt Disney World® Resort (the “Premises”), ground transfers, 5-day Magic Your Way Base Tickets, and a Disney Gift Card valued at Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of The Yolanda Adams Morning Show (the “Morning Show”) on affiliate stations including, but not limited to, WLIB-AM, KHVN-AM, KROI-AM, WPZE-AM, WPPZ-FM, WPRS-FM, KURS- AM, WRXB-AM, KATZ-AM, WWIN-AM, WPZS-AM, KRJY-AM, WJMO-AM, WOKB-AM, WJYD- AM, WMCS-AM, WTLC-AM, WGH-AM, WXWZ-FM, WNNL-FM, WLOK-AM, WPZZ-FM, WPRF- FM, WGFE-FM, WXOK-AM, WTUA-AM, KPZK-FM, KVLO-FM, WGLT-FM, WFMV-FM, WLJI- FM, WGOK-AM-WNOO-AM, WTHB-FM, WSSJ-FM, WEAM-FM, WEED-AM, WPDT-FM, WAJV- FM, WYHL-FM, WSPX-FM, and WNEV-FM (collectively, the “Participating Stations”) who are legal residents of the continental U.S. (excluding Rhode Island), and are sixteen (16) years of age and older at the time of entry will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. The Morning Show will encourage listeners to register online and submit their entries online at http://www.theyolandaadamsmorningshow.com for a chance to win the Contest. On-air solicitations for Contest participants will take place beginning on April 25, 2011.
2. Participants must submit an essay (500 words or less) explaining “Why My Mom Deserves a Disney Dream Vacation” for the chance to win the Contest. One (1) winner will be selected on each of the following dates: May 5th, May 12th, May 18th, and May 26, 2011.
3. Upon entering the Contest website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions and submit their essay. Participants are to submit all requested information, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
4. Essays submitted by Contest participants will not be judged and will have no bearing on determining the Grand Prize winner except that entries that do not contain an essay will be disqualified. Four (4) winners will be selected by random drawing from among all qualified entries received.
5. Entries must be “family friendly” and not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly inappropriate in the Contest Administrator’s sole discretion.
6. All entries must be received by 11:59pm ET on May 11, 2011 or they will be void.
7. One entry per person per day per email address during the Contest Period.
8. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
1. The Contest will be conducted in real time on the Participating Stations broadcasting the Morning Show and is open to listeners of the Morning Show who are sixteen (16) years of age and older at the time of entry and are legal residents of the continental U.S. (excluding Rhode Island).
2. Employees of Radio One, Inc., the Morning Show, the Participating Stations, REACH Media Inc, Dial Global Communications, KATZ Radio Group, Disney Destinations, LLC (“Disney”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotion partners, sponsors and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households (whether or not related) are NOT eligible to participate in or win this Contest.
3. Each winner and guests must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid passport and government-issued photo I.D.) prior to departure and travel together on the same itinerary. Travel guests of the Grand Prize winner must also be legal residents of the U.S. Travel guests will be required to sign and submit all requested release forms along with the Grand Prize winner. If a travel guest is under the age of eighteen (18), they must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian who must sign and submit all requested release forms.
4. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these Official Rules (“Rules”).
5. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the Morning Show within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate.
6. The Morning Show at its sole discretion will choose whether or not to air a winning notification call or publish the names of the winners. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, traffic congestion, unauthorized human intervention, or any error or malfunction.
Four (4) Grand Prize packages will be awarded, one (1) to each of the four (4) Grand Prize winners of the Contest that will include the following:
1. Vacation package for four (4) people to include:
• Four (4) round trip coach air fares between a major United States gateway airport closest to winner’s residence and Orlando International Airport; however, if winner resides within 250 miles of the Premises, air fare will not be provided to the winner.
• Four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Premises; provided, however, if winner resides within 250 miles of the Premises, transfers will not be provided to the winner.
• Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) nights at a hotel at the Premises selected by Disney in its sole discretion.
• Four (4) 5-Day Magic Your Way Base Tickets. (Magic Your Way Base Tickets give each member of the travel party entry to one Theme Park per day).
• One (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
The estimated retail value of each vacation package is $5,000. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash. If for any reason a portion or whole prize cannot be awarded, the Contest Entities reserve the right to award a prize of equal or greater value.
NOTE: Items that are not included as part of the awarded vacation packages are: additional ground transportation, meals, beverages, hotel room service, laundry service, local and long distance telephone calls, merchandise, souvenirs, incidentals, tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes, ground transportation between winner’s residence and the departure airport, luggage costs, and all other charges and items not otherwise described above.
2. Vacations must be taken between May 26, 2011 and May 26, 2012. Departure dates and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
3. Vacations are for the winners of the Contest and three (3) guests of each winner’s choosing.
4. Vacations and vacation components may not be sold, traded, transferred, or rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, or refunded. Vacations are not redeemable for cash.
5. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by the Contest Administrator in its sole discretion.
6. All Grand Prize winners must sign and date official release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize. If the winner is a minor (under the
age of eighteen (18)), all release forms and affidavits must be signed by the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
7. If for any reason a Grand Prize winner provides notice that he or she has decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest Administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
8. Trip must be taken during the dates determined by the Contest Administrator. If Grand Prize winner cannot attend during these dates, such a winner forfeits rights to the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at the sole discretion of the Contest Administrator.
9. Grand Prize winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize. If the winner is under the age of eighteen (18), the parent or legal guardian of the winner must provide valid identification when claiming the prize.
10. Contest Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives will have no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury of any kind resulting from in connection with Contest participation, or the acceptance, possession, use and / or enjoyment of any prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by registering online at http://www.theyolandaadamsmorningshow.com.
2. For a chance to win the Contest, listeners must go to http://www.theyolandaadamsmorningshow.com and submit an essay of 500 words or less on “Why My Mom Deserves a Disney Dream V acation”.
3. Four (4) Grand Prize winners will each be awarded a GET-AWAY VACATION. Winners will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received electronically. One (1) winner will be selected on each of the following dates: May 5th, May 12th, May 18th, and May 26, 2011.
4. The Grand Prize winners will be notified by phone and / or email and provided with instructions for claiming the prize.
5. Decisions of the Contest Administrator with respect to any aspect of the Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, each winner agrees to have his/her name, voice, and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Rules and the decisions of the Contest Administrator which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Grand Prize winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, each winner will agree to hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives, against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. The Contest Administrator retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. The Contest Administrator reserves the right to make changes in the Rules in its sole discretion at any time without notice, which will become effective immediately. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Rules or is otherwise determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Contest Administrator for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
10. The Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives, are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Contest Administrator and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, each winner acknowledges that the Contest Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. The Contest Entities will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest including, without limitation, cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence
of events not within the control of the Contest Entities, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. If for any reason a portion or whole prize cannot be awarded, the Contest Administrator reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value.
13. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assume no responsibility for error omission, interruption, defect, failure, malfunction or delay in operation or transmission, or for any damage to participants phone, cell phone, mobile device, computer, hardware, software, or any other device, or for theft or destruction, tampering or unauthorized access to entry information, or for entries which are misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete or, inaudible, disconnected or any combination thereof) or for preemption or cancellation of the radio program, or for technical, network, typographical, human or other errors or problems relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in the connection with the administration of the Contest, the announcement of prizes of in any Contest -related materials. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Contest Administrator, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof). Any attempt to defraud the Contest Entities in any way will result in de-qualification of participant, and such participant will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING,WITHOUT LIMTIATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUR OF ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
14. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Syndication One at: “The Yolanda Adams Morning Show MOTHER’S DAY GET AWAY”, c/o Contest Rules, 13760 Noel Road, Suite 750, Dallas, TX 75240. For a winners list, send a self-addressed envelope to “The Yolanda Adams Morning Show MOTHER’S DAY GET AWAY” c/o Winner’s List, 13760 Noel Road, Dallas, TX 75240.
The Yolanda Adams Morning Show Mother’s Day Get Away